Tequila Tilapia and Shrimp
|Tequila Tilapia and Shrimp|
I’ve always been a big fish lover. More so than red meat. It’s healthier and lighter too. One of my all-time favorite fish is the Tilapia. You can buy it anywhere and do just about anything with it.
This time around I wanted to come up with a quick meal, as many of you know that is how I like to cook. Quick!
Here is my Tequila Tilapia and Shrimp Recipe:
- Two Tilapia Fish Filets
- Pre-heat grilling pan on stove on medium heat.
- Coat fish with Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder (not garlic salt), cilantro flakes, course black pepper
- Spray the grilling pan with an olive oil spray.
- Place tilapia in the grilling pan. Set timer to 6 minutes.
- Pour Tequila between the two tilapia filets.
- After the first 6 minutes, turn fish to grill the other side.
- Dress the top of the tilapia with garlic powder and cilantro flakes along with the black pepper.
- Pour more tequila between the filets and cover with an oversized lid to capture the steam from the tequila. Grill for another 5-6 minutes.
- Marinate your shrimp in tequila along with red crushed pepper, garlic powder and cilantro flakes.
- Start a small pan on medium heat.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Place the shrimp in the pan. (Here I prepared 12 medium size shrimp)
- Pour the tequila marinade over the top.
- Cook 2.5 minutes on each side of the shrimp.
- Tilapia is done…Shrimp is done.
Time to eat!
Serve with your favorite side dish from a nice salad, baked potato, crispy onion rings or what ever you like!